Saturday, July 10, 2010

Trying Something New






I am participating in the Spaceworks program in Tacoma which pairs artists with vacant downtown spaces. The idea is to use empty storefronts to create activity in town during this economic downturn.
For about three months I will be located at 913 Pacific Ave in a former salon/spa. It is a good location and even though I will be using only a small part of the space, there is a lot of work to do inside. I will have pots for sale and can work on my wheel though I will need to haul dried pieces back home for glazing and firing.
Here are some photos of the future Pottery Annex.


2 comments:

  1. This is great -- what a wonderful opportunity to try something new. If nothing else, a change of scenery is always nice! I'm sure you'll meet some interesting people and hopefully sell some pieces. Gracie looks right at home already! Looking forward to hearing how this new venture goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like such a super cute storefront. You go!

    ReplyDelete