Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Time is Almost Over







My time at the Pottery Annex (913 Pacific Avenue here in Tacoma) is almost over because the three month lease I was given ends Friday, October 15th. It is one of those situations when you look around and ask, "Where did the time go?"

It has been a positive experience with a few minor exceptions. I enjoyed the bustle of street life, the pedestrians who randomly dropped by and the routine of keeping regular hours. Gracie loved being a shop dog and would supervise the sidewalk activity while graciously accepting attention from passersby.

The down side, aside from transporting of clay, tools and pots between my home studio and the shop, was parking. Every day it was an issue that had to be considered.

Spaceworks is a wonderful program and I'm lucky to have had this opportunity to "play store". The next group to use the space will be Shakespeare in the Parking Lot.

Here are some photos from the store before I start packing up on October 15th.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to have this experience. What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos (esp. of the doggie). Sounds like a great experience!

    ReplyDelete