Saturday, May 8, 2010

Oh Joy



It was a beautiful day today and my helpful husband brought the wheel up from the basement of our Anderson Island cabin so I could throw on the deck. It is so lovely to sit in the sun (a real treat in the Pacific Northwest) and throw pots. The violet green swallows were circling above ridding us of unwanted insects and the kingfisher couple chattered as they darted about. I didn't see any eagles but there are some on the island.

After throwing, the pots are set on the railing but I must be careful to not let the breeze and sun dry them out unevenly or too quickly.

Good news - the forecast for Sunday is also for sunny weather.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning view! Makes me hopeful for summer. Looks like you got a lot of good work done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a perfect way to make pottery!

    ReplyDelete